Local plan review
Local Plan review - issues and options consultation
Help us review your Local Plan
The Local Plan sets out planning policies and proposals for new development to make sure the Rugby borough is a great place to live, work and do business.
It is prepared in consultation with residents, businesses and other stakeholders.
Councils must review their Local Plan every five years. Rugby borough’s current plan was approved in 2019.
The Local Plan defines many things, including:
- where housing can be built
- which land can be used to provide employment
- how vital infrastructure needs can be met, such as schools, green spaces, health care facilities and transport links
Issues and options
Things we are reviewing
- how we can regenerate Rugby town centre
- where new housing developments can take place
- additional land for employment uses
- meeting the pitch needs of gypsies and travellers
New things we are considering
- embedding climate and nature policies throughout the plan
- driving up the quality of development with a new design code
- limiting concentrations of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
Call for sites
We have launched a Call for Sites to run alongside the issues and options public consultation.
A Call for Sites gives landowners and agents the opportunity to propose land for development or redevelopment as part of the Local Plan update.
Frequently asked questions and answers to accompany the Local Plan Review issues and options consultation 2023
The review process
How you can get involved
To support the public consultation, we have arranged a number of consultation events where you can drop-in and speak to council officers about the issues and options.
The following events take place on Microsoft Teams:
|Date||Time||Microsoft Teams link|
|Wednesday 17 January 2024||7pm - 8pm||Join the event|
The following community events will be held.
|Monday 4 December||4pm - 6pm||Brandon and Wolston Village Hall, Main Street, Wolston, CV8 3HJ|
|Wednesday 6 December||3.30pm - 5.30pm||Wolvey Village Hall, The Square, Wolvey, LE10 3LJ|