Disruption and emergencies
Town Hall closure
Wednesday 20 October - due to a water supply issue affecting part of Rugby town centre the Town Hall is closed to visitors. Most council services are available on this website. If your enquiry is urgent you may call us but please do not call if your enquiry can wait until another day. If you are homeless or vulnerable and need to speak to someone face-to-face please follow the instructions posted on the door of the Town Hall.
Waste and recycling
Thursday 7 October - due to high levels of staff sickness we were not able to complete our green garden waste collections today. Please leave your green garden waste bins out for collection by 730am on Saturday 9 October.
- Download the Rugby App to receive notifications of any changes to your mobile phone.
The Town Hall currently operates Covid-secure opening hours - 10am to 2pm and 2.30pm to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For the safety of both customers and staff, we currently encourage customers to contact us by phone or email: (01788) 533533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to book a face-to-face meeting, please call our contact centre on (01788) 533533 to arrange an appointment.
Visitors to the Town Hall need to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace.
Cemeteries and crematorium
- Our cemeteries and Rainsbrook Crematorium remain open for funerals. The maximum number of mourners depends on the crematorium ceremony room used or location within the cemetery. Please speak to your funeral director.
- Crematorium services can be live-streamed by arrangement. Please speak to your funeral director.
- We are no longer making offers of housing to general housing applicants to ensure that we are able to house residents who are made homeless.
- The Handyman service has been suspended to provide additional support to the housing maintenance service and protect vulnerable residents.
You can report a housing repair, report a missed bin, or subscribe to the garden waste service online. Using these online services will help keep our telephone lines clear for residents who need more urgent support.
In the event of an emergency out of hours, call the number below and follow the recorded instructions.