Disruption and emergencies
Snow and ice
Updated: 12 February 2021.
All waste collection services due on Monday 8 February were suspended due to road and pavement conditions. We expect to complete these rounds on Saturday 13 February.
Please leave bins ready for collection.
To protect vulnerable residents and key staff, the following changes have been made:
The Town Hall is closed for face-to-face enquiries. Services remain available by telephone from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or online 24 hours per day.
The following facilities remain closed:
- Rugby Art Gallery and Museum
- Rugby Visitor Centre
- World Rugby Hall of Fame
- BENN Hall
Cemeteries and crematorium
- Our cemeteries and Rainsbrook Crematorium remain open for funerals. The maximum number of mourners depends on the crematorium ceremony room used or location within the cemetery. Please speak to your funeral director.
- Crematorium services can be live-streamed by arrangement. Please speak to your funeral director.
- The Rainsbrook Crematorium grounds are closed.
- All cemeteries will close during the period when a grave is prepared until it is filled, except for funerals.
- We are no longer making offers of housing to general housing applicants to ensure that we are able to house residents who are made homeless.
- All communal areas in sheltered housing schemes have been closed, including lounges, kitchens, shared toilets and guest bedrooms. Laundry facilities are still available but residents must maintain 2 metres or 6'6" from other residents.
- The Handyman service has been suspended to provide additional support to the housing maintenance service and protect vulnerable residents.
Waste and recycling
- Download the Rugby App to receive notifications of any changes to your mobile phone..
Last updated 10 February 2021.
You can report a housing repair, report a missed bin, or subscribe to the garden waste service online. Using these online services will help keep our telephone lines clear for residents who need more urgent support.
In the event of an emergency out of hours, call the number below and follow the recorded instructions.