GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Test and trace support payment | Test and trace support payment | Rugby Borough Council

Test and trace support payment

The government has announced a new financial package to support and enforce self-isolation.

In some circumstances, if you are required by law to self-isolate from the 28 of September you may be supported by a payment of £500, payable from Rugby Borough Council. 

Information about the scheme

Who can get the Test and Trace Support Payment?

To get the Test and Trace Support Payment, you must be:

  • asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because they’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
  • employed or self-employed
  • unable to work from home and will lose income as a result and
  • currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.

How much is the payment?

You may be supported by a lump sum payment of £500.

Will this payment be taxed?

This payment will be subject to income tax. It will not be subject to National Insurance contributions.

How long will this be in place for?

The scheme will run until 31 January 2021.

When will this come into force?

These changes will come into effect on 28 September 2020, alongside the legal duty to self-isolate.  We expect to have our systems in place by 12 October2020. Individuals who are eligible prior to that date will be able to make a backdated claim.

How to apply

If you have been asked to isolate and meet the criteria you can apply online.

Apply for a test and trace support payment

You will need the following information:

  • National Insurance number
  • NHS Track and Trace reference number
  • Self isolation start date
  • Wage slip (if applicable)
  • Self assessment form / accounts (if applicable)
  • Benefits award letter (if applicable)
  • Bank or Building Society details

Is there anything wrong with this page?