Nominations open for Rugby Sports Awards 2022
Nominations for the Rugby Borough Council Sports Awards 2022, with the GLL Sport Foundation, are now open.
With categories covering every area and age group in local sport there are opportunities to honour those athletes, players, backroom volunteers and club members who dedicate themselves to supporting others or being the best they can be.
• Mark Gallagher Memorial Award for Coach of the Year Award
• Club of the Year Award
• The Unsung Hero ‘Volunteer’ Award - sponsored by Warwickshire CAVA
• Sportsman of the Year Award
• Sportswoman of the Year Award
• The Lifetime Achievement Award
• Excellence in Sport Award
• Simon Warwood Memorial Award for Young Team of the Year
• Young Volunteer of the Year Award - sponsored by Rugby Rokeby Lions
• Young Sports Person of the Year Award
• Primary School of the Year
Nominations close on Friday 3 March with shortlisted candidates invited to a glittering awards ceremony to be held on Wednesday 29 March 2023 at the BENN Hall.
Cllr Howard Roberts, Rugby Borough Council portfolio holder for leisure and wellbeing, said: “I am pleased to open the nominations process for achievements during 2022, and look forward to celebrating the very best of Rugby’s sporting success.
There is a breadth of sporting talent across the borough, due to the dedication of both the sports players and the coaches and volunteers that help them on their way.
“There’s no better way to recognise them than with a nomination for these awards.”
The full list of awards categories, their sponsors, and how to complete a nomination can be found at www.rugby.gov.uk/sportsawards.
- More articles in the:
- news archive
- Rugby Borough Council news RSS feed