GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Residents can now apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment | Rugby Borough Council

Residents can now apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment

RESIDENTS forced to self-isolate due to COVID-19 can now apply to Rugby Borough Council for a Test and Trace Support Payment.

The council has responsibility for distributing the £500 support payments on behalf of the Government. 

The payments aim to support residents on low incomes who have to self-isolate following notification from NHS Test and Trace, either due to testing positive for the coronavirus or coming into close contact with an individual who has tested positive.

Residents instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate for 14 days must now do so by law or risk a fine of £1,000. Repeated breaches could result in a fine of up to £10,000.

Cllr Emma Crane, Rugby Borough Council portfolio holder for communities and homes, said: "With the number of coronavirus cases in Rugby continuing to rise, we all need to play our part in helping to stop the spread by following the latest Government advice.

"Self-isolation after testing positive for the virus or coming into contact with someone who has a positive test remains one of the most powerful tools for controlling the transmission of COVID-19, and it's vital residents told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace do so.

"It's the right thing to do for you, your family, your friends and colleagues, and it's also the right thing to do for Rugby. 

"The Test and Trace Support Payments aim to support those on low incomes who cannot work from home and may have financial concerns if self-isolating means losing income.

"The council has worked hard to launch the support payments scheme in a matter of weeks, and I'd encourage all residents who qualify to claim the support on offer."

Support payments can be backdated to 28 September, when it became law to self-isolate for 14 days if instructed to do so by NHS Test and Trace.

The scheme runs until 31 January 2021.

For more information on the Test and Trace Support Payment, and to apply, visit

Is there anything wrong with this page?