Community and voluntary organisations can apply for a council grant
COMMUNITY and voluntary organisations can now apply for a grant from Rugby Borough Council.
The council has a total funding pot of nearly £65,000 available for 2017/2018, with grants on offer to community, voluntary and charitable organisations based in the borough.
Organisations can apply for:
- a voluntary and community grant of up to £1,500 to support projects which benefit the local community
- a sports grant of up to £1,000 to support local sports clubs in delivering events or activities
- a youth and play grant of up to £1,000 to support events or projects which develop and sustain youth and play provision
- an arts grant of up to £1,000 to support Rugby's creative industries and community engagement
- a Rural Development Fund grant of up to £10,000 to support projects in Rugby's rural areas
The community grants support Rugby's regeneration strategy, drawn up by the Rugby Local Strategic Partnership (LSP).
The strategy develops and supports projects which increase community cohesion, improve health and wellbeing, tackle unemployment and help residents access education and training.
The strategy focuses on the concept of 'intergenerational working' - bringing different generations together to learn from each other.
Grant applications which support the intergenerational working theme have been encouraged by the council.
Cllr Leigh Hunt, Rugby Borough Council portfolio holder for communities and homes, said: "The regeneration strategy has set out plans for a wide range of new and innovative projects to support our residents.
"By linking the council's grants to the aims and objectives of the strategy, we hope to encourage community and voluntary organisations to work in partnership with us to deliver real results in our communities.
"As a council, we recognise the vital contribution the community and voluntary sector makes to the borough, and I'd encourage organisations to find out more about our funding criteria and make an application before the deadline."
Applications for grants must be submitted by 12 noon on Monday 10 April.
To apply, visit www.rugby.gov.uk/grants
For more information, email email@example.com