Additional Restrictions Grants
Please note - applications for Additional Restrictions Grants have now closed.
Businesses in the borough can now apply to the council for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
The discretionary grants aim to support businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic which were not eligible to apply for a Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) during the national lockdown from 5 November to 2 December 2020.
Businesses which have received other support grants during the pandemic can apply for an ARG, providing the business did not receive a Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) and meets one or more of the following criteria:
- the business premises was forced to close during the latest national lockdown and was not liable for business rates
- the business supplies retail, leisure, events, personal care, accommodation or entertainment venues which could not operate during the national lockdown, severely affecting its ability to operate (eg supplier to restaurants, pubs or offices, printing business supplying promotional material for events, marquee or gazebo hire)
- the business operates in the cultural and creative sector
- self-employed, freelancers and owners of home-based businesses
- market traders resident in the borough who regularly operate a stall at Rugby Market
The amount of grant support offered to businesses is based on the following criteria:
|Rateable value or fixed costs||Number of employees||Grant payment|
|No commercial premises OR business fixed costs of £500 per month or less||0-1||£500|
|Rateable value of £15,000 or less OR business fixed costs above £500 per month but less than £1,000 per month||2-5||£1,334|
|Rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000 OR business fixed costs above £1,000 per month but less than £2,000 per month||6-9||£2,000|
|Rateable value of £51,000 or above OR fixed business costs of £2,000 per month or above||10-249||£3,000|
If the number of employees in a business is different to the corresponding rateable value or total business fixed costs criteria, the business shall receive a grant at the higher value (eg rateable value £7,000, number of employees 12 = grant payment of £3,000, OR business fixed costs £1,500 per month, number of employees 3 = grant payment of £2,000).