GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Permitted development rights | Permitted development rights | Rugby Borough Council

Permitted development rights

You can make certain types of minor changes to your property without needing to apply for planning permission by using your permitted development rights.

View a full guide to permitted development rights (planning portal)

However, before starting work on your development, it's always worth asking us for advice to make sure your plans qualify under permitted development rights.

Some types of properties, such as flats and certain housing estates, have permitted development rights taken away. Some properties have incomplete permitted development rights.

If you need a formal decision in writing on whether or not something is permitted development for your property you can apply for a Certificate of Lawfulness which is recognised legally.

More on Certificates of Lawfulness (planning portal)

We also offer pre-application planning advice. This is free for householder applications and for minor developments, but a fee is payable for major development schemes.

Is there anything wrong with this page?