Corporate Strategy 2021-24
Health and wellbeing
Residents live healthy, independent lives, with the most vulnerable protected"
We want to ensure that Rugby continues to be a good place to live, with all residents having the access to opportunities, services and the support that they need to live well.
We are used to working with statutory partners, the third sector and communities in delivering improvement. Through our recovery from Covid 19 and beyond, we will work with, and empower, our communities to share the responsibility of ensuring that Rugby continues to thrive.
To achieve this we will:
- Make sure that our communities are safe.
- Make sure that residents are proud of their community and their borough.
- Support residents to lead active lives, with high quality, accessible green space and recreational facilities.
- Develop and tailor services to meet local needs, with a focus on prevention and early intervention.
- Support residents who are, or are at risk of being, homeless or sleeping rough.
- Make sure that residents of Rugby have access to high quality, affordable, and environmentally sustainable homes.
- Promote, encourage and celebrate diversity and inclusion, to ensure that Rugby is a place where everyone feels welcome.
- Invest in the mental health and wellbeing of our residents and communities, closing the health inequality gap.
- Invest in extra support for families and young people.