Corporate Strategy 2021-24
Rugby is an environmentally sustainable place, where we work together to reduce and mitigate the effects of climate change"
The Council has declared a climate emergency and formed a cross party climate working group to lead on this work. We will work with residents, businesses and partners to improve the environmental sustainability of the council and lead the Borough through a green recovery and into a greener future.
To do this we will:
- Rugby Borough Council as an organisation will have zero net carbon emissions by 2030.
- Work together to further improve the Borough’s connectivity and encourage greener travel.
- Reduce resident’s and businesses’ impact on the environment and help them adapt to the consequences of climate change.
- Build environmentally sustainable homes, including within our own housing stock.
- Link places together with good quality Green Infrastructure and improve biodiversity across the Borough.
- Promote and encourage green and sustainable businesses within the Borough.
- Reduce the carbon footprint of our council housing stock by 2027.