Repairs and loans - private sector housing
- HEART - helping you live independently at home
- Warm and Safer Homes Grants
Warm and Safer Homes Grants
HEART offers Warm and Safer Homes Grants to help owner-occupiers carry out essential improvements to homes.
Grants of up to £10,000 can be awarded to help pay for a variety of work - from fixing a broken boiler or fitting locks to windows or doors, to dealing with damp or tackling problems with the electrics.
To be eligible for a Warm and Safer Homes Grant, you must own and live in your property and be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you no longer qualify for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Other conditions apply, but to find out more about HEART's Warm and Safer Homes Grants, call the team on 024 7637 6294 or email HEARTnorth@nuneatonandbedworth.gov.uk
HEART was launched by a partnership of councils in Warwickshire - Rugby Borough Council, North Warwickshire Borough Council, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, and Warwickshire County Council.