GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Housing advice for people affected by domestic abuse | Homelessness | Rugby Borough Council


Housing advice for people affected by domestic abuse

Domestic violence can range from violence and abuse to controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour.

Abuse can be:

  • physical
  • psychological
  • sexual
  • financial
  • emotional

If you're unsafe in your home and want to move out, contact our Community Advice and Support Team for advice on finding somewhere to live.

If you think you're in immediate danger, call the police on 999.

For confidential support and advice about domestic abuse, call Warwickshire Against Domestic Abuse's talk2someone freephone helpline on 0800 4081552.

What we can do 

If you need help, you can contact us to make a homeless application. If necessary, we'll try and find you somewhere to live in the short term.

We'll never turn you away. If we cannot help you, we'll put you in touch with organisations which may be able to help.

Other help on offer

  • If you're experiencing domestic violence, Refuge's Domestic Violence Service can support you and your children to stay safe. You can call the 24 hour national domestic violence helpline on 0800 2000 247
  • RoSA offers counselling and support for survivors of rape, sexual violence or sexual abuse. You can call RoSA's confidential helpline on (01788) 551151
  • Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (CRASAC) runs support and counselling services for survivors of rape, sexual assault or sexual abuse. You can call the CRASAC helpline on 024 7627 7777
  • Domestic Violence Assist, a national charity, can help arrange Non-Molestation Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Occupation Orders on your behalf. You can call the charity on freephone 0800 1958699
  • The National Stalking Helpline, run by the Suzy Lamplugh Trust, can offer help and advice on what to do if you're being stalked or harassed. You can call the helpline on 0808 802 0300
  • Men's Advice Line offers advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence or abuse. You can call the helpline on 0808 801 0327
  • Blue Sky Centre, a Sexual Assault Referral Centre based at Nuneaton's George Eliot Hospital, offers a range of support services. You can call the centre's confidential line on (01926) 507805
  • The Government's Forced Marriage Unit has a public helpline which offers advice to anyone with concerns about forced marriage. You can call he helpline on 0207 0080151
  • Karma Nirvana, a national charity, offers support and advice to victims of honour-based abuse and forced marriage. You can call the charity's helpline on 0800 5999 247, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

Is there anything wrong with this page?