GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Housing advice for care leavers | Homelessness | Rugby Borough Council


Housing advice for care leavers

If you're 18 to 21-years-old and spent at least one night in care when you were 16 or 17-years-old, our Community Advice and Support Team can help you find somewhere to live.

When you turn 18, you're entitled to claim benefits. We can help you apply for housing benefit.

If you're a care leaver over 21-years-old who we consider to be in 'priority need', we can also help you find somewhere to live.

You might be considered to be in priorty need if:

  • you're vulnerable as a result of being in care
  • you haven't had a stable home since leaving care (for example, attended university)
  • you have slept rough since leaving care

As a care leaver, you're entitled to receive help and advice from us until your 25th birthday.

Other help on offer

  • St Basils works with young people aged 16 to 25-year-old who find themselves homeless or at risk of homelessness. Text 'NEED ST BASILS' for free from a mobile phone so a member of the St Basils team can call you
  • Doorway, a Warwickshire-based charity, works with homeless young people to offer advice, support and accommodation. You can call Doorway on 024 7634 5583
  • P3, a charity and social enterprise, operates a floating support service in Warwickshire for over 25-year-olds who need support to manage and maintain accommodation. P3 runs drop-in sessions at its offices in The Robbins Building, Henry Street, Rugby, CV21 2QA. The sessions take place from 10am to 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. You can call P3 on (01788) 222827
  • Coventry and Warwickshire YMCA runs youth projects and provides housing for young people. You can call Coventry and Warwickshire YMCA on 024 7699 5216 or email

Is there anything wrong with this page?