GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Improving your council home | Improving your council home | Rugby Borough Council

Improving your council home

Before making improvements or alterations to your council home, you must get permission from the council.

We cannot refuse permission to make improvements without good reason, but we want to ensure the work meets a satisfactory standard and does not damage the property.

You do not need the council's permission to decorate your home.

Improvements which need the council's permission include:

  • erecting a garage, shed or gazebo
  • laying a driveway or hardstanding
  • installation of satellite dishes or aerials
  • removing walls or partitions
  • installation of central heating, bathroom suites, fires and fireplaces
  • installation of windows and doors
  • installation of kitchen units and worktops

To request permission to make alterations to your council home, fill in our online form

Is there anything wrong with this page?