- Paying your rent matters - if you don't pay, you can't stay
- Having problems paying your rent?
- What happens if I fall behind with my rent?
- What to do if your financial circumstances change
- Rent free weeks 2022-23
- Rent free weeks 2023-24
- Service charges
Paying your rent matters - if you don't pay, you can't stay
You have responsibility for paying your rent, whether you pay the rent yourself or have payments made on your behalf via housing benefit.
Direct Debit - the easy way to pay your rent
Direct Debit takes the hassle out of paying your rent - you'll never have to wait and never pay late.
With Direct Debit, your rent payment automatically comes out of your bank or building society account. It's flexible too - you can choose from weekly or fortnightly payments, or monthly on the 1st, 12th, 19th or 26th of the month.
To start paying your rent by Direct Debit, download and complete our Housing rent Direct Debit mandate and post it to: Rent Direct Debit Mandate, Rugby Borough Council, Town Hall, Evreux Way, Rugby, CV21 2RR.
Download the Housing rent Direct Debit mandate
Other ways to pay your rent
- arrange a standing order payment with your bank
- at the Post Office with your rent payment card
- any outlet displaying the Pay Zone facility logo (visit the Pay Zone website for locations)
- by cheque at the Town Hall or by post (remember to write your name, address and 16 digit rent account reference on the back)
- online via the council's website
- by debit card over the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week on (01788) 533463
- by debit card over the phone between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, on (01788) 533777.