Right to Buy
Am I eligible?
Right to Buy gives council tenants the chance to buy their council home at a discount - but both you and your property must be eligible before you can apply.
You can apply to buy your council home if:
- you're a council tenant or were a council tenant when your home was sold to your current landlord
- you've been a tenant for at least three years
- it's your only or main home
- you have no outstanding possession orders against you
- you have no legal problems with debt
- you do not live in sheltered accommodation or a property suitable for elderly or disabled people