GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy What happens if I am unhappy with a decision about my application? | Apply to join the Common Housing Register | Rugby Borough Council

Garden waste collections

Due to crew illness, green bin collections were disrupted on Monday and Tuesday (25 and 26 October). Please leave bins out for collection. Click 'find out more' to view affected streets.

Find out more

Apply to join the Common Housing Register

What happens if I am unhappy with a decision about my application?

You can request a review of any decision made by the council on your housing application under Part VI of the Housing Act 1996.

For example, you may be unhappy with decisions about the facts of your case, which we take into account when considering your application for accommodation, or we have decided you're ineligible for a housing allocation due to your immigration status.

Our decision letters outline your right of review and provide guidance on the review process.

You can only request one review. If you disagree with the outcome of your review on the grounds we have not taken material facts into account, you can appeal to county court.

How to request a review

You can request a review in writing or verbally to a member of the Community Advice and Support Team. 

A review must be requested within 21 days of receipt of the council's decision letter.

How long does a review take?

We send you a written response outlining the outcome of the review, and the reasons for the outcome, within 56 days of the date the review was requested.

Who undertakes a review?

An officer senior to the officer who made the decision on your application, and who was not involved in the decision-making process, conducts the review of your application.



Is there anything wrong with this page?