GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Eligibility | Mobile home and caravan site licence | Rugby Borough Council

Forecast heatwave

Service changes following the forecast heatwave for Tuesday 9 August to Friday 12 August. Please put your bin out for collection by 6am.

More information

Mobile home and caravan site licence


You must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site. We will not issue you with a licence if you have had a site licence revoked within three years of your application.


You do not need a licence for a caravan or mobile home if its use meets any of these criteria:

  • A caravan sited within the curtilage of a dwelling house. This means it cannot be occupied separately.
  • A single caravan sited for not more than two consecutive nights for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
  • Up to three caravans on a site of not less than five acres for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
  • Sites operated and supervised by exempted organisations; e.g. such as the Caravan Club.
  • Sites of up to 5 caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only.
  • Sites occupied by a licensing authority, such as council-run sites for gypsy and traveller groups.
  • Sites occupied by exempted organisations.
  • Sites for temporary and special purposes such as caravan rallies, agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites and travelling showmen.
  • A site for tents used for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.

Is there anything wrong with this page?