Mobile home and caravan site licence
You must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site. We will not issue you with a licence if you have had a site licence revoked within three years of your application.
You do not need a licence for a caravan or mobile home if its use meets any of these criteria:
- A caravan sited within the curtilage of a dwelling house. This means it cannot be occupied separately.
- A single caravan sited for not more than two consecutive nights for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
- Up to three caravans on a site of not less than five acres for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
- Sites operated and supervised by exempted organisations; e.g. such as the Caravan Club.
- Sites of up to 5 caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only.
- Sites occupied by a licensing authority, such as council-run sites for gypsy and traveller groups.
- Sites occupied by exempted organisations.
- Sites for temporary and special purposes such as caravan rallies, agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites and travelling showmen.
- A site for tents used for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.