Seasonal crime prevention advice
We’ve put together some seasonal crime prevention tips for you and your home.
Spring is when most people get out in their gardens. Things to consider:
- Keep garages and sheds locked while using tools and ensure you put them away after use
- Make sure garage doors are closed and secure
- Make sure fences around your home are secure and not broken
- Planting defensive hedging and plants may help to deter criminals
- If you get home after dark, light timers can be used to give the impression you are home
- If you are planning a holiday, ask neighbours to watch over your home and to ensure that post is pushed completely through the letterbox.
For further information, you can also contact your local neighbourhood watch coordinator or get in touch with your local beat officer by calling 101.