Alternative education programme
Our alternative education programmes have historically supported the removal
of many types of barriers, as well as addressing various types of behavioural
problems. Over the years our workers have constantly enrolled on various
training courses to improve their strategies to cope with many of the complex
issues pupils display. As well as delivering nationally recognised courses
through ASDAN, UK Youth and Sports Leaders, we have also written
our own programme. The programme is called Activ8 and can be delivered to various pupils in small groups over variable timescales. The programme addresses many themes and traits pupils display; such as low self-esteem,
aggressiveness, bullying and confidence, through role play, positive activities and group discussions.
Working within small targeted groups allows us to work through many of the
issues as they unfold during the sessions. We are able to challenge many of the
situations, whilst providing pupils with alternative pathways
through developed mediation and confidence building techniques.
All of our programmes allow for good interaction between pupils and workers, which provides channels conducive to removing barriers. Our programmes are designed to support pupils make those transitions back into mainstream education, providing them with the additional skills to cope with academic life.
- Used to target pupils with severe behavioural problems.
- Addresses pupils with low self-esteem or confidence issues.
- Provided for pupils age 8 upwards.
- Group size of up to 10 pupils.
- Programmes will include a variety of methods of engagement, which include sport, art, drama and team building.
- The service can be delivered as accredited courses or used to address behavioural/self-esteem issues amongst pupils.