Sport as a discipline can provide pupils with the correct tools to achieving goals in both their physical and mental wellbeing. It helps to create a focus and a sense of commitment which, when channelled correctly, can support the removal of academic learning barriers. All the sports we provide will encourage pupils to be actively involved, either as a participant or a young volunteer. Our coaches have years of experience working with a wide range of pupils, with various needs and behavioural tendencies, and are able to cope with situations as they arise. The types of sport will vary from traditional sports such as football, cricket and rugby to the more fun based sports such as dodge ball and basketball.
Using sport as a method to engage pupils continues to stack highly when
delivered as part of a targeting tool. Participation allows pupils to focus both
their minds and physical ability towards being more competent at whichever sport
they choose to enjoy. Scientifically it has been proven that physical exertion
supports mental ability in pupils and adults, therefore confirming the
effectiveness of sport. The benefits will resonate within
the school and pupils' academic achievements when delivered as part of a curriculum.
- Using a host of sporting programmes to target a wide range of pupils
- Service offered to Year 5 upwards during lunch breaks and to Year 4 upward during curriculum.
- Delivered with support from a member of the school during lunch breaks.
- Offered as an after school programme or during lunch break.
- Develops fitness, confidence and self-discipline.
- Structured sports programmes will support improvements and behaviour within pupils.
- Service can be delivered as part of the PE curriculum.