Non-Domestic Rates (business rates)
- Explanatory notes 2023/2024
- Business Rate Instalments
- National Non-Domestic Rating Multiplier
- Rateable value
- Temporary Reliefs
- Small Business Rate Relief
- Charitable and Community Amateur Sports Club Relief
- Transitional Rate Relief
- Local Discounts and Hardship Relief
- Unoccupied Property Rating
- Subsidy Control
- Rating advisers
- Information Supplied with Demand Notices
Explanatory notes 2023/2024
Non-Domestic Rates, or business rates, collected by local authorities are the way that those who occupy non-domestic property contribute towards the cost of local services.
Under the business rates retention arrangements introduced from 1 April 2013, authorities keep a proportion of the business rates paid locally.
The money, together with revenue from council taxpayers, locally generated income and grants from central government, is used to pay for the services provided by local authorities in your area.
For more information on the business rates system. visit the Government website.