Apply for a Pavement Licence
A Pavement Licence allows the licence holder to place removable furniture over certain highways adjacent to a premises.
The licence aims to support cafes, restaurants, pubs and other food and drink establishments to operate safely while maintaining social distancing measures.
The new licence has been brought in on a temporary basis and currently looks set to remain in place until the end of September 2021.
How to apply
Before completing the application form, please note you'll need to support your application by providing the following:
- copy of your Public Liability Insurance
- site plan on a scale of 1:100 detailing the proposed area along with dimensions
- photographs and dimensions of all furniture to be used (including table, chairs and barriers)
- photographs and dimensions of any outdoor heaters to be used (if applicable)
- photographs and dimensions of any additional lighting equipment to be used (if applicable)
- photographs and dimensions of any litter bins to be used
- copy of the public notice to be displayed on the premises - download a public notice template
A licence fee of £60.00 must be paid before we process your application. Call the council's contact centre on (01788) 533533 during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) to pay by credit/debit card.
The five day consultation period for a licence application starts on the date of application, providing the fee has been paid.
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be emailed to licensing@rugby,gov.uk