Lifeline and independent living
Rugby Borough Council is committed to compliance with all relevant EU and Member State laws in respect of personal data, and the protection of the “rights and freedoms” of individuals whose information Rugby Borough Council collects and processes in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please see our website for a copy of our Data Protection Policy.
We will only collect and use your data for the purpose of delivering our service to you.
Types of information we will collect
We will process:
- Your name and date of birth
- The address the monitoring equipment will be installed and monitored in.
- Your contact information including any mobile phone numbers and email addresses you have.
- Keysafe codes or instructions for entering your property. We will only share this information with the emergency services.
- Your nominated emergency contact/s.
- Doctors Surgery
- Types of illness and any medication you are taking.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys which we may conduct from time to time which will help us improve our service.
It is important that you tell about any changes you make so that that the information we have about you is correct.
What we do with your information
We require your information to enable us to effectively respond to your requests for assistance and for the following reasons:
- Maintain internal record keeping.
- To contact you, either by letter, email or phone.
- Use the information to improve our service
- Send you information which we think you may find interesting.
- Contact your nominated emergency contacts.
- Ensure that if we have to contact the paramedics they have accurate and up to date information about your health and any allergies that you may have.
- Ensure that paramedics can gain access to your property promptly in an emergency.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact
Rugby Borough Council
T: 01788 579706
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.