Overview and scrutiny
- Help us by having your say
- Overview and scrutiny committees
Help us by having your say
The council's overview and scrutiny committees have a range of roles, including:
- helping to develop council policy
- reviewing council services
- making sure the council operates effectively and efficiently
- reviewing services provided by other public bodies, such as the police and NHS
You can have a say by suggesting topics and issues you feel our overview and scutiny committees should focus on.
Both overview and scrutiny committees have rolling work programmes which residents can play a part in - either by suggesting a subject for a review or attending a meeting to give evidence.
We want to hear ideas which you believe could make a real, positive impact for the borough's residents, or help the council save money, operate more efficiently or generate revenue.
You can find out details about overview and scrutiny meetings - including dates, agendas and minutes - on the council website.
To request to speak at an overview and scrutiny committee meeting, call our democratic services team on (01788) 533522 or email email@example.com at least three working days before the meeting.