GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Canvass 2021 | Canvass 2021 | Rugby Borough Council

Canvass 2021

Every year we have to check every address in the borough has registered eligible householders to vote.

We're currently sending letters or emails to every household, requesting residents to check the information we currently hold on the electoral register remains correct, even if you have recently registered to vote, you have just moved or the property currently stands empty.

If you receive an email from, you need to respond. If you do not respond, we'll post a paper form to you.

What do I need to do?

You need to let us know who should be registered to vote at your address.

You can quickly do this online. Just follow the instructions in the email or letter you've received. Once you've logged on, you can either confirm the information on the electoral register remains correct, or update the information.

You must respond promptly. We'll follow-up emails and letters with reminders and, if necessary, telephone you or visit your home to ensure the canvass can be completed.

Eligible voters who have not registered to vote need to register themselves. You can register to vote online or we can send a paper form on request.

How do I use the online system?

  • Visit
  • Enter your postcode and the unique security code from your email or letter
  • Check the information for your household remains correct
  • If neccessary, update the information
  • click 'confirm' to complete your canvass response

Do I list everyone who lives at the property?

You need to include the name and nationality of all resident householders aged 16 or over who have eligibility to vote. If no householders have eligibility to vote, you need to state the reason why.

If you add a name to your household, the individual must still register to vote.

My son/daughter lives away from while studying at university - where should my son/daughter register to vote?

Your son/daughter can register at both the home address and university address, but must vote only once in each election. This means your son/daugher can vote in local elections at both addresses, providing each address sits within different local government boundaries, but only vote once in a Parliamentary election.


Is there anything wrong with this page?