GDPR Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy #CrimeNotToCare | Fly-tipping | Rugby Borough Council



Your Rubbish, Your Responsibility

If you need to dispose of household waste, it's important to know you have responsibility for making sure it's disposed of legally.

Whether you hire a company or a 'man with a van' to take away your waste, you must make sure the business which collects your rubbish has the correct Waste Carrier Licence and can supply you with a copy of a waste transfer note.

It's quick and easy to find out whether a business has a Waste Carrier Licence. You can check the Environment Agency's online register or call 0370 8506 506.

If your rubbish gets fly-tipped and you cannot prove you took the necessary steps before paying for its disposal, you're responsible.

You could face a fixed penalty notice of up to £400 or be taken to court.

We can collect bulky household items such as fridges and mattresses.

Find out more about our bulky waste collection service


Is there anything wrong with this page?