Garden waste collection service
Terms and conditions 2020-21
These terms and conditions of the garden waste collection service apply to 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 subscriptions.
Garden waste collection service - terms and conditions
- The agreement is made between the resident (customer) and Rugby Borough Council and sets out the terms and conditions under which the customer may use the council's garden waste collection service (the service).
- Customers can either pay online at www.rugby.gov.uk/gardenwaste or by telephoning (01788) 533335.
- Customer subscriptions are renewable annually and only customers who have paid their subscription in advance are eligible to receive the service.
- Subscriptions cover the period 1 April - 31 March of the respective year and are payable in advance.
- The customer will receive a permit (sticker) to identify the service has been paid for. It is a requirement that the sticker is attached to the back of the bin below the handle.
- All bins remain the property of the council. Subscriptions are for the service only and are not transferable to another property.
- The cost of the service is £40 per bin.
- There are no concessions or refunds.
- Subscriptions made during the course of the year will be charged at £40. There will be no pro-rata charge.
- Garden waste bins will be provided free of charge however a £40 subscription fee per bin for the service is required.
- The service will be suspended over the Christmas and New Year period.
- The customer may only use the designated paid for wheelie bin(s) for the collection of garden waste. The council will not collect garden waste presented by any other method.
- Customers will be responsible for the bin(s) which shall remain at the property in the event of the resident moving home.
- Excess (side) waste will not be collected, neither will overweight bins.
- Bin lids must be fully closed prior to collection.
- Customers may use the service for the collection of garden waste only.
- Any bin found to contain material not specified on the website may not be collected. The customer will be required to remove the non- permitted material and the bin will be emptied on the following scheduled collection day.
- If the customer continues to put unacceptable material in the garden waste or recycling bins the service will be removed. In these circumstances no refund will be given for the garden waste subscription.
- Bins shall be left at the usual collection point from 7.30am on the scheduled collection day. The bin handle should be facing the street. Bins should be retrieved by the customer as soon as possible after collection.
- The collection crew will not return for bins that have not been fully emptied due to overloading or because the contents are frozen. Customers must take action to prevent this situation occurring.
- Collections not made due to severe weather, or disruptions relating to issues outside the council’s control, will not be refunded.
- Schools, churches, community centres etc. can access the service. The same fees apply.
- Bins that are damaged or lost and reported as such will be replaced free of charge.
- On termination of the customer’s right to receive the service (however such termination occurred) the council reserve the right to remove the bin(s) from the customer’s property.
- The customer's statutory rights are not affected.
Note: Garden waste bins may not be collected on the same day of the week as the blue-lid recycling or black rubbish bins. Subscribers should check their next collection day.