Disruption and emergencies
Waste and recycling
22 November - due to staff sickness, green bin collections have been disrupted today in Houlton. Please leave your green bin out for collection. We aim to return to collect bins as soon as possible.
- Download the Rugby App to receive notifications of any changes to your mobile phone.
Vehicle access to council cemeteries
19 November - due to repeated incidents of vandalism, fly-tipping, and vehicle damage to graves and headstones, we have been forced to take the difficult decision to close vehicle access gates to the public at the following cemeteries until further notice:
- Whinfield Cemetery
- Watts Lane Cemetery
- Croop Hill Cemetery
Pedestrian access remains open to all visitors.
The Town Hall currently operates Covid-secure opening hours - 10am to 2pm and 2.30pm to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For the safety of both customers and staff, we currently encourage customers to contact us by phone or email: (01788) 533533 or email@example.com
If you need to book a face-to-face meeting, please call our contact centre on (01788) 533533 to arrange an appointment.
Visitors to the Town Hall need to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace.
Cemeteries and crematorium
- Our cemeteries and Rainsbrook Crematorium remain open for funerals. The maximum number of mourners depends on the crematorium ceremony room used or location within the cemetery. Please speak to your funeral director.
- Crematorium services can be live-streamed by arrangement. Please speak to your funeral director.
- We are no longer making offers of housing to general housing applicants to ensure that we are able to house residents who are made homeless.
- The Handyman service has been suspended to provide additional support to the housing maintenance service and protect vulnerable residents.
You can report a housing repair, report a missed bin, or subscribe to the garden waste service online. Using these online services will help keep our telephone lines clear for residents who need more urgent support.
In the event of an emergency out of hours, call the number below and follow the recorded instructions.