Disruption and emergencies
Waste and recycling
- Download the Rugby App to receive notifications of any changes to your mobile phone.
- TUESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER: Due to crew illness, green bin collections in the Hillmorton area will be disrupted today (full list of affected streets below). Please leave bins out for collection, as we intend to return as soon as possible to complete missed collections. Thank you for your patience and understanding. The disrupted collection round includes: Pine Grove, Brindley Road, Constable Road, School Street, Deerings Road, Rathbone Close, Roper Close, Fenwick Drive, Vale Close, High Street, Barley Close, Deane Road, School Gardens, Wigston Road, Wesley Road, Grandsire Drive, Bell Walk, Moat Farm Drive, Cockerills Meadow, Foresters Place, Wiggins Close, Sovereign Close, Rowe Close, Crick Road, Eastwood Grove, Lennon Close, Browning Road, Myers Road, Farthing Court, Packwood Avenue, West Coast Lane, Lower Street, Harrison Close, Mellor Road, Bonnington Close, Gainsborough Crescent, Landseer Close, Reynolds Close, Turner Close, Watts Lane, The Dingle, Lowercroft, Archers Spinney, Windmill Close, Lower Lea Place, Fox Close, Palmers Close, Horne Close, Bucknill Close, Kilworth Road, Astley Place, Strath Close, Duffy Place, Chamberlain Road and Ballast Close.
To protect vulnerable residents and key staff, the following changes have been made:
The Town Hall is closed for face-to-face enquiries. Services remain available by telephone from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or online 24 hours per day.
Cemeteries and crematorium
- Our cemeteries and Rainsbrook Crematorium remain open for funerals. The maximum number of mourners depends on the crematorium ceremony room used or location within the cemetery. Please speak to your funeral director.
- Crematorium services can be live-streamed by arrangement. Please speak to your funeral director.
- We are no longer making offers of housing to general housing applicants to ensure that we are able to house residents who are made homeless.
- All communal areas in sheltered housing schemes have been closed, including lounges, kitchens, shared toilets and guest bedrooms. Laundry facilities are still available but residents must maintain 2 metres or 6'6" from other residents.
- The Handyman service has been suspended to provide additional support to the housing maintenance service and protect vulnerable residents.
You can report a housing repair, report a missed bin, or subscribe to the garden waste service online. Using these online services will help keep our telephone lines clear for residents who need more urgent support.
In the event of an emergency out of hours, call the number below and follow the recorded instructions.