Discretionary Business Support Grants
The council's Discretionary Business Support Grants aim to support businesses in the borough which were ineligible for the Government's COVID-19 business grants - Small Business Grants or Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants.
The discretionary grants offer support to small and micro businesses impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Following Government guidance, the grants aim to support businesses in the following categories:
- small and micro businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces (eg units in industrial or science parks which do not have business rates assessments)
- regular market traders without an individual business rates assessment (traders must live in the borough and trade on most market days)
- bed and breakfast establishments which pay council tax rather than business rates
- charity properties which receive charitable business rates relief and qualify for small business business rates relief or rural business rates relief
- hospitality, leisure, retail, cultural and creative businesses which were ineligible for the Government's COVID-19 grants
- independent manufacturing businesses (with less than 50 employees) which have suffered a significant fall in income during the coronavirus pandemic and have a plan to reopen as part of a resilient supply chain for industry