Our planning strategies, policies and evidence - Local Plan
The Local Plan sets out a vision, policies and proposals for future development and land use.
A public consultation on the publication draft of the Local Plan ran from Monday 26 September to Friday 11 November. An additional period of consultation on the publication draft ran from Wednesday 30 November to 5pm on Wednesday 11 January.
The Local Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State for independent examination in public in July 2017, following a resolution of the council at a meeting held on 21 June.
Below, you can download the publication draft of the Local Plan and all supporting documents.
Local Plan - Publication Draft
- Appendix 1 - Implementation and Monitoring Framework
- Appendix 2 - Housing Trajectory
- Appendix 3 - Infrastructure Delivery Plan
- Appendix 4 - Open Space Provision Tables
- Appendix 5 - Parking Standards
- Appendix 6 - Airport Flightpath Safeguarding Plan
- Appendix 7 - Glossary of Terms
Local Plan - Publication Draft: Proposals Maps (September 2016)
- Urban Proposals Map
- Rural Proposals Map
- Village Proposals Maps
- Town Centre Proposals Map
- Green Infrastructure Proposals Map
- Appendix 1 - Call for Sites Register
- Appendix 2 - RAG (Red, Amber, Green) Assessment and Conclusions
- Appendix 3 - Sites Not Suitable or Not Available
- Appendix 4 - All Maps
During the consultation on the publication draft, we also published the Draft South West Rugby Masterplan Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). Please note, this draft SPD was published for information only, to fulfil the requirement of policy DS8 in the publication draft of the Local Plan.
In addition, we published the promoter's masterplan for policy DS10 of the publication draft of the Local Plan - Lodge Farm.
Local Plan - Preferred Options
- Non-Technical Summary
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
- Appendix 3
- Appendix 4
- Appendix 5
- Appendix 6
- Appendix 7
- Appendix 8
- Appendix 9