Rugby is the fastest growing town in the Midlands and is at an exciting point in its growth, with major home building and regeneration of the town centre .
Joining us as this non-executive chair will be an opportunity to be part of this change and help the Council deliver its corporate strategy .
By helping us generate income through our property portfolio, ultimately you will be helping to provide increased funding to deliver excellent public services to the residents of Rugby.
Caldecott Developments Limited (CDL) is a company within the trading structure and is a development delivery vehicle to enable Rugby Borough Council to deliver on its overall strategic vision for the town and borough.
The aim of CDL is to help deliver new housing at pace and scale, to facilitate the development of property and land, while achieving financial returns for the shareholders and securing economic, social and environmental well-being within the administrative area of the council.
The Shareholder Committee has been set up to oversee the commercial trading aspirations of the Council.
We are seeking a Non-Executive Chair to act on behalf of Rugby Borough Council as beneficial shareholder and chair to the Shareholders Committee of elected councillors, providing oversight of the performance of its trading companies.
If you can bring some or all of the following skills to the table, then we would like to hear from you:
- ability to support the boards of the trading companies to achieve their short and long-term business objectives
- ability to scrutinise, critically appraise and approve performance against business plans and provide constructive challenge
- ability to understand budgets, including capital expenditure that drives the outcomes set within the business plan and underlying strategies
- ability to review and monitor performance data and ensure that management information provided is sufficient to enable the Council to be confident in its investment
- ability to understand effective controls and risk management
- ability to enhance the reputation and image of the Council by representing it as an ambassador at Committee, Council and related events
- knowledge of property, regeneration or asset management would be useful but not essential. The passion to make a difference for Rugby is more important
The expectation is that this non-executive chair will attend six evening meetings per year. An allowance of £3,377 pa will be paid for this role.
For an informal conversation about the role, contact our retained consultant, Helen Scurr, on 07531607811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Your covering letter should explain why you are interested in this role and what qualities you can bring to the team.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 11th January
Interview date: 19th January 2022
Photo courtesy of SkyShots - www.sky-shots.co.uk