- Current consultations
- Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
We have published our draft Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for public consultation.
The Air Quality SPD supports Rugby's Local Plan and aims to:
- improve consideration of air quality impacts in the planning process, in line with National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), Planning Practice Guidance (PPG) and the Local Plan
- help ensure consistency in dealing with air quality issues in planning applications
- explain the application of Local Plan policy HS5 (Traffic Generation and Air Quality, Noise and Vibration), in particular, and the mitigation requirements needed to achieve compliance
- identify the circumstances where detailed assessments need to be carried out in order to establish baseline conditions for planning applications which propose non-air quality neutral development
- promote the identification of suitable mitigation on developments within Rugby's Air Quality Management Area (AQMA), either as part of planning applications or through pre-application discussions
The public consultation runs from Monday 9 March to 5pm on Monday 20 April.
You can email representations to email@example.com or send representations in writing to: Air Quality SPD Consultation, Development Strategy, Rugby Borough Council, Town Hall, Evreux Way, Rugby, CV21 2RR.