Rugby Health Walks
Rugby Health Walks - February 2013
Walking for Health Scheme Walk Leader Training
- Would you like to become a Health Walk Leader - FREE Course
We currently offer 9 weekly and 1 monthly walks across a variety of locations in Rugby. Each walk has been approved by the Walking for Health initiative and is led by trained volunteer walk leaders.
Rugby Borough Council are looking for new volunteers to train as walk leaders to help sustain our existing walks and to set up new walks.
We are delivering a one day walk leader training course on
- Thursday 7th February 2013
Walking is one of the best ways to improve your physical and mental wellbeing
If you are an individual who would like to become a walk leader for one of our existing walks or a community group who would like to set up a walk in your local area, please contact Katie May, Family Lifestyle Officer, Rugby Borough Council for more information on 01788 533721 or email@example.com.
Rugby Health Walks
- 10am - West Indian Walk Association, St Peters Road, Rugby - Weekly
- 11am - Stretton-on-Dunsmore Walks, Shoulder of Mutton Pub - Weekly
(Stretton-on-Dunsmore walks start at the Shoulder of Mutton and take place weekly in February, April, June, August, October and December)
- 9.15am - Brownsover Buggy/Health Walks, Boughton Leigh Children's Centre - Weekly
- 2pm - Dunchurch Community Walks, The Green Man Monument, Dunchurch - Weekly
- 9.15am - Long Lawford Walk and Talk, Lawford Children's Centre, Long Lawford - Weekly
- 10am - Bilton and Cawston Strollers, Mosaic Coffee Shop, Bilton - Weekly
- 10.30am - Dunchurch Community Walks, The Green Man Monument, Dunchurch - Weekly
- 10.30am - Rugby Hindu Temple Walks, Hindu Temple, Kimberley Road, Rugby - Weekly
- 10.30am - Dunchurch Community Walks, The Green Man Monument, Dunchurch - Monthly (1st Sunday of every month)
- 11.30am - Newbold Community Walk, The Newbold Crown, Newbold - Weekly
For further details on these walks please contact Katie May, Family Lifestyle Officer on 01788 533721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For walks in other areas as part of the Walking for Health scheme, please refer to http://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/, as well as further information on the above walks.
Rugby Ramblers walks programme includes walks ranging from 4 to 20 miles to suit all abilities.
We have a walk every Sunday, one week a 7 mile or 9 mile walk and the alternate week 12 and 15 mile walks available.
In the summer (from May to August) we have Wednesday evening walks which are 4 or 5 miles long.
Occasionally there will be a 4 mile walk on a Sunday afternoon and a couple of these will be promoted as family friendly walks.
Once a month we have a Saturday walk usually a 7 or 9 mile length.
Twice a month Rugby Ramblers have a midweek walk alternating between a Tuesday and a Thursday. They can vary, from 7 to 11 miles.
Anyone interested in joining would receive our comprehensive walks programme.
Fran Debonnaire Publicity Officer for Rugby Ramblers tel 01788 815484.
Pages in Rugby Health Walks
- You are here: Rugby Health Walks - February 2013
- The Walking the Way to Health Initiative (WHI)