Rugby Borough Council

Register Sign in

Council services by

or by most popular

Comments, compliments and complaints

How to complain, comment, or pay us a compliment

Please contact us and tell us how we have done. You may do this:

  • in person
  • by telephone
  • in writing (comment form, satisfaction card or letter)
  • online by completing the Customer feedback form for any complaints, comments or compliments

Opening hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. We will respond to all feedback within 15 working days and we will look at it within 5. If we cannot for whatever reason respond to you within those 15 days we will let you know.

Complaint procedure details

We aim to provide a high quality service. Sometimes, however, things go wrong or there are misunderstandings about what we can or cannot do. If you make a complaint, we will:

  • resolve your complaint
  • apologise if the service has not been up to standard
  • give you a full written response

PLEASE NOTE: The Complaints procedure does not apply to the reporting of routine matters such as missed wheeled bins or council house repairs. These matters should be reported to the Council for action in the usual way.

If you are not satisfied

In the rare case that you are still not satisfied with our response, you can appeal to the Executive Director; you will receive his contact details with your initial reply. You may also contact the Local Government Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the Executive Director's response.

Regulatory Advice on Health and Safety Issues

If you are dissatisfied with the response to an official complaint about regulatory advice relating to health and safety issues, you can contact  the Independent Regulatory Challenge Panel, who will look into this for you.  

Housing Complaints - Stage 3 - "Designated Person" and the Ombudsman

It is important that you give the council an opportunity to put the matter right using the complaints procedure.  If, after following the complaints procedure, you are still not satisfied with the response, you must go to a "designated person" who then may refer your complaint to the ombudsman. 

A designated person is defined as a Member of the House of Commons, a councillor of a local housing authority, or a designated tenant panel.

Please ask us how you can contact your preferred "designated person".