Rugby Borough Council

Register Sign in

Council services by

or by most popular

Street Parties and Fetes

Organising a Street Party or Fete

Street parties and fetes

Street parties and fetes are a traditional part of community life. They are a simple way for us to get to know our neighbours and meet members of our community.

We want to make it easier for you to hold these sorts of local events, without having to plough through mountains of forms and red tape.

To help the Communities and Local Government Department have produced a simple step by step guide to how to hold a community event in your local area. It includes one simple form for you to use to let your local authorities know about your plans.

Temporary Road Closures

Rugby Borough Council can authorise road closures. Any road closure will require permission.

Sale of Alcohol

Organising small, private street parties and fetes is very simple and generally does not include activities that need a licence, such as selling alcohol or providing certain types of entertainment.

If you want to have a pay bar or intend to provide entertainment to the wider public, or charge to raise money for your event, you will need a Temporary Event Notice which is a type of temporary licence and costs £21.

Similarly, larger public events attracting more people will require a different process.

If you need a Temporary Events Notice or would like to hold a larger public event, please contact us for further information and advice or for further details and to apply electronically.

Special events to be held on Rugby Borough land

You maybe thinking of holding an event on land owned by Rugby Borough Council?

If you are, you will need to apply with the forms available on our Special events web page. There is also guidance and other useful forms for organising an event.

Further details please contact:

Public Safety and Licensing Team Leader,
Environmental Services,
Rugby Borough Council,
Town Hall,
Rugby, CV21 2RR.

Tel: +441788 533884
Fax: +441788 533409